There is a med evac landing area with two helipads at the University Hospital Regensburg which is approved by the German Aviation Authority according to § 6 LuftVG. The lower (southern) helipad 2, together with the helicopter hangar, is the home base of the DRF Luftrettung Christoph-Regensburg rescue helicopter (+49 941-9465800).
The upper (northern) helipad 1 is available for external med evac rescue helicopters.
Description helipad 1 (external rescue-helicopter, US-Army med evac etc.)
- Operating times: 24/7
- Coordinates: 48°59,27´N, 12°05,54`E
- Height above sea level: 416.90 m (1.367,7 ft)
- Arrival/departure sectors: segment 003° bis 183°, segment 213° bis 033°
- Dimension: Square with l=30m (900 m²)
- Cover: Concrete, dust-free, load-bearing
- Lighting: VHF 129.900 MHz 5 x PTT, max. 7 x PTT
- Webcam Helipad: 184.108.40.206, for access password please call +49 941-9442316 (crew-only)
- Contact UKR Emergency Room: +49 941 944-2316
- Patient arrival announcement: via Regensburg Emergency Dispatch Center (ILS Regensburg) or call +49 941 944-2316 or -2323. Pick up at helipad by arrangement!
Major incident (MANV):
In the case of a major incident event, an emergency landing surface north of the main entrance, marked by a "Y", exists as required. The use of this area is subject to approval by the UKR hospital major incident command or the Regensburg Emergency Dispatch Center (ILS Regensburg).